Around Bauan

MLGOO Bauan

Home
Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council Meeting
Written by Eufemia D. Bautista   
Tuesday, 26 June 2012 12:08

Engr Ian CabralBauan, Batangas.  The Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (LDRRMC), this municipality, together with all the barangay captains / representatives, held its general meeting at the covered court of the Bauan Technical High School last Thursday, June 21 to assess its preparedness in the face of various disasters that might hit the town, especially this rainy season or period of typhoons.

 

The meeting was presided over by Mr. Antonio V. de Lacy, Jr., Municipal Administrator and Vice-Chairman for Research and Planning of LDRRMC. He stressed the need for the creation of the local Quick Response Team (QTR) wherein two disaster coordinators from each barangay must be members.  He explained how to use the barangay calamity fund which is 5% of the estimated revenues from regular sources: 70% of which can be used for the disaster preparedness program while the remaining 30% of the said fund can be used for the actual rescue and recovery programs by barangays or the local government.  This however, must be supported with duly approved programs.

Engr. Herman I. Boongaling, Asst. Municipal Engineer and LDRRMC Coordinator, supported Mr. de Lacy's explanation and reiterated that each barangay must have their own Barangay Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council as well as the formation of a centr for quick communications.

Engr. Sebastian Cabral, Municipal Engineer and Head for Emergency Engineering Brigade addressed the necessity of information dissemination either by distribution of hand outs or pamphlets on how to react on such emergencies and disaster, should they strike.  According to him, barangay officials must report to the LDRRMC the damaged properties and missing persons if any at the earliest possible time to complement the LGU's own damage reports.

Hon. Julian C. Casapao, member of the "Sangguniang Bayan" and Head of the Transport Team of LDRRMC assured the Body that they will do everything to provide the needed vehicles/equipment for rescue and retrieval operations.  He also explained the process of declaring a State of Calamity and the conditions to which such declaration is based.

Hon. Hero M. Dolor, SB member and Head of the Supplies and Rehabilitation Team, reported that together with the Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office, their team will continue provide the needed supplies  and evacuation centers, although Mrs. Reyes, School Representative mentioned that the West Bauan Elementary School cannot be used as an evacuation center at the moment.

Rescue and evacuation workers must possess the required knowledge to carry out their jobs during times of calamities.  This was what SFO2 Dennis Faltado, Fire MarShall of Bauan stressed during the said meeting.  The Bauan Fire Protection Office will conduct free rescue and evacuation trainings for our rescue and retrieval teams.

Mr. de Lacy assured the Body that the Radio and Communications Room of the local government is manned 24 hours a day, with three (3) shift during such calamity period. Lastly, he assured the members that the official website of Bauan will deddicate a page for LDRRMC.

 

Last Updated on Monday, 09 July 2012 14:14
 

Other Links



Tourism

Archived Articles

Media Gallery

The Mayor

mayor6.JPG

Maintained by the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Section of Bauan, Batangas.

Home